Doodle Labs’ new handheld model extends the reach of the internet to off-grid remote areas, especially useful for connected tactical and industrial teams.
Doodle Labs will soon release a new version of its Wearable Mesh Rider Radio, a handheld mesh radio for connected tactical and industrial teams.
The Wearable Mesh Rider Radio features high speed and long-range MANET with a built-in WiFi hotspot. This combination extends the reach of the internet to off-grid, remote areas.
The new Wearable makes use of Doodle Labs’ multi-band technology, allowing the use of multiple frequency bands in a single radio. The models first scheduled for release include a 900 + 2.4 GHz version for the industrial sector, an M1-M6 government/defense-sector model and a radio in NATO C-band + government and ISM-specific band version.
The Mesh Rider Radios’ roaming feature empowers connected workers to seamlessly stay connected and move about in areas with and without cellular connectivity.
Thanks to its built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, the Wearable allows connected workers to use a standard smartphone and productivity apps for video collaboration with other team members. Fully-integrated enhanced Mission Critical PTT app Zello and Situational Awareness apps like TAK can increase worker safety and productivity.
New and Improved
The new model boasts notable improvements over Doodle Labs’ first generation of the Wearable Mesh Rider Radio, based on direct feedback from our customers.
The new model is significantly more rugged. It is IP68-rated waterproof, includes rugged TNC and USB connectors and is available with an optional Nano liquid coating to avoid salt corrosion.
The new model is 50 percent smaller, weighing in at just 75 grams.
The new Wearable is also compatible with multiple power options, including a USB-PD compliant power input and an attachable battery with an expected runtime of 8 to 10 hours.
- Range: 1.5 km HD video streaming at ground level
- Frequencies: Multiple bands on a single radio; options from 900 MHz – 6 GHz
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Connect mobile devices to the Mesh Rider network
- Dynamic Mesh: Self-forming and self-healing; peer-to-peer
- LTE Extension: Integration with cell phones and LTEO routers
- Mission Critical PTT++: Built-in voice, photo, location and text sharing
- Power Options: Optional battery pack; can also be powered via USB-C (PD)
- Max data throughput: 100 Mbps
- Encryption: 256-bit AES; FIPS 140-3 Level 1
- TAK: Seamless integration with Civilian and Government Team Awareness Kit frameworks
For product specifications and access to a full datasheet for this upcoming release, click here.
If you’re interested in learning more about how the Wearable Mesh Rider Radio could fit your upcoming project, or to be among the first to know when the new model is released, contact our technical sales team.