4.4 GHz C-Band OFDM for the US and NATO Military
Interference Free Wireless Broadband for IP Based Applications
Philadelphia, PA. June 12, 2012
Doodle Labs is proud to announce high performance embedded radio transceiver DL4600 for wireless Broadband in the critical 4.4 GHz band. This band, also known as C-Band is reserved exclusively for use by the US and NATO military. The DL4600 transceiver features near line of sight, multi-rate OFDM technology. The DL4600 dramatically improves the data throughput and enables the next generation bandwidth hungry IP based data, voice and video applications. Please visit DL4600 URL for further information.
The 4.4 GHz band, with its wider bandwidth offers several advantages. Because the band is restricted for military use, it is less crowded than the unlicensed spectrum. Without commercial products creating interference that degrade the network performance, voice, video, and data communications over the licensed 4.4 GHz band operate more efficiently and securely. The common frequency band allocation allows cooperation between US and international NATO forces.
Doodle Labs has leveraged the patent pending PrismTM technology to develop the DL4600 transceiver with miniPCI interface. The transceiver simplifies the development of new IP communication equipment for high throughput, long-range wireless networks. This compact and lightweight transceiver enables development of advanced communication capabilities for -
- Unmanned Ariel Vehicles (UAV)
- Infrastructure, Vehicular, rapidly deployable Mesh points
- Security Robots
- JTRS Manpack and Small Form Fit radios
- Highly secure, interference free backhaul infrastructure.
- Industry’s highest performance available today.
- The DL4600 transceiver delivers up to 1W (30 dBm) RF power for greater distance. Optional low power version available for power sensitive applications.
- High throughput of up to 42 Mbps TCP/IP.
- The DL4600 transceiver features advanced filtering techniques that provide very high interference immunity.
- High receive sensitivity coupled with high SNR enables improved range in obstacle-rich environments and offers near line of sight capabilities.
- 128 bit Advanced Encryption for data security.
- Supported by open source MadWiFi Linux kernel drivers
- Proven compatibility with OpenWrt and many other 3rd party Wireless Router Operating Systems.
- Lightweight construction (only 40 grams).
- Industrial grade design (-40 deg C ~ +85 deg C).
About Doodle Labs –
Doodle Labs is focusing on the development of best in class, ruggedized, embedded OFDM Wireless Broadband transceivers and systems for Military, and Industrial applications. Doodle Labs’ products help OEMs to leverage the cost effective IP capabilities of Wireless Broadband to enable cutting edge applications. Doodle Labs offers an extensive line of embedded OFDM radio transceivers that operate from 200 MHz to 6 GHz frequency range. These radio transceivers permit OEMs to incorporate world class "5G" wireless capabilities with minimum integration efforts and tremendous flexibility. Doodle Labs radio transceivers employ the state-of-the-art, spectrum efficient, patent pending frequency translation PrismTM technology for Near Line of Sight operation and high data throughput. These transceivers feature the advanced design techniques to achieve the industry highest RF characteristics in terms of Tx power, Rx sensitivity and interference immunity. http://www.doodlelabs.com/